Friday, June 5, 2009

Stay tuned.....

Hey folks,

Don't touch that dial, we'll be back with a good solid and informative post in a few weeks. It's been a little hectic in the Jardine household these past couple of weeks, and there's more to come, including my pending trip to China (I leave tomorrow morning) and some more field work in North Queensland that culminates in a rendezvous with Laura in Airlie Beach. And our great friend Joy arrives on Wednesday! All this and the usual Edie adventures make for busy times.

I got myself psyched for China by reading another Paul Theroux travel classic - "Riding the Iron Rooster" - that chronicles his journey across the country by rail. I'll be in Guiyang, a "small" southern city of around 3 million people. At the thought of spending time in another large city (after our Hanoi experience), I had a look the other day at the world's most populous cities and came to realize that I have only visited six of the top 100 (not counting airport stopovers). I think I'll try to keep it that way. Small cities and large towns are fine with me.

No comments: